Asa and Nneka Get Verified On Twitter
Nigerian music sensation, Asa has (finally) been verified on Twitter. The top selling artiste with just over 34,000 followers got her stamp earlier today.
This comes amid reports of locals in Nigeria selling a supposed new album from the singer. “ I do not have any NEW ALBUM selling in Nigeria called DOWN ON ME,” she tweeted, warning her fans.
My name & Photo has been used on a dubious album released by criminals to dupe people, Pls be informed its not a new album! Pls RT thanks
— Asa(asha)(@Asa_official) March 11, 2012
Perhaps maybe other prominent Nigerians in the Twittersphere would start getting their own stamps soon. Artists like Mo’hits Don Jazzy and D’Banj have had campaigns started by their fans for the social networks to verify them.
Don Jazzy most especially has been a victim of identity theft on the social network and got his fans to help him get back his @DonJazzy handle.
UPDATE: Nigerian musician and activist, Nneka just got verified as well. Could Twitter have started noticing us?
Who else do you think deserves to be verified? Sound off in the comments.
Faridah Seriki has been interested in technology since she got her hands on a desktop when she was eight. She founded Technesstivity after releasing a successful blog she made for class combining her passion for both journalism and technology. Faridah graduated from Vivian Fowler in 2009 and lives in New York where she graduated from Hofstra University with a Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism
- Microsoft Launches Office for iOS
- New App Aims to Make It Easier To Access Blood Donors In Nigeria [EVENT]
- BlackBerry To Launch Touchscreen A10 in November
- What To Do When The Internet Goes Down [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Yoruba 101 Lets You Learn The Basics Of The Language [APP REVIEW]
- Press Regulation: Absolutely Necessary?
- Press Regulation: Another Form of State Control?
- Press Regulation: An Overview of The Phone Hacking
- Apple Unveils The Next Generation Mac Pro
- E3 2013: Sony Unveils the PlayStation 4 Console