Jack Dorsey On The Inspiration Behind The Creation Of Twitter [VIDEO]
The brains behind Twitter and Twitter co-founder, Jack Dorsey was interviewed by 60-Minutes recently and gave us an insight into his background and what brought about the idea to what is now one of the biggest social networks to date.
Dorsey, the founder of two of the world’s hottest tech companies (Twitter and Square), goes back to his roots in St. Louis to talk about how he got interested in micro-communications. He was speech impeded as a child and this kept him at home a lot, where he would play on a computer and listen to the police scanner. He found himself fascinated by the short bursts of talking used by law enforcement and emergency personnel, which was the inspiration for the 140 character limit on Twitter. Speaking in the interview, he said he was fascinated by how they’re always talking in short and brief phrases about where they’re going, what they’re doing and where they currently are, and anyone who has the scanner could listen in.
Watch the full documentary below:
- Nokia Lumia 1020 Review: It’s The Little Things
- LG To Unveil Optimus G Pro Smartphone with QRemote in Nigeria
- #ThrowbackThursday: Rita From Koko Mansion Highlights The Problems With Nigeria [VIDEO]
- Nintendo Announces Nintendo 2DS
- ‘Twerking’, ‘Selfie’ and ‘Digital Detox’ Added To Oxford Dictionary
- Tecno In Dispute With Computer Village Traders
- Titi Tilapia Enters Android Beta Testing
- Nigerians Googled ASUU Strike, Ramadan, Wizkid and The Royal Baby In July
- Kinect Won’t Be Required For Xbox One
- The BlackBerry 9720 Is Official, Runs BlackBerry OS 7