Call Facebook Friends Directly From Skype
After announcing Facebook-to-Facebook video calls in July, Skype and the world’s largest social network have announced something spectacular. Facebook users logged into Skype can now call their online friends on Facebook. This marks a significant step in the so-called social media war between the 800-pound gorilla Facebook and Google with its Google+ ‘project’.
The Skype update is still in its beta version and is available to download on the Skype 5.4 Beta for Mac and Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows users. The Skype beta versions have Facebook-calling functions, giving users the ability to call their Facebook friends and even those using Facebook through browsers.
Making calls to your Facebook friends from Skype is easy and only requires you to link your Skype and Facebook accounts together. Select an online friend and click the video call button in Skype and your friend receives it whether (s)he is using Facebook on a browser or on Skype and you are good to go. Skype has further improved its video service for Mac and brought group screen sharing for Windows something which was only for Mac users. Users chatting one-on-one will also be able to share each others’ screens while streaming video.
This leaves us wondering if there is still more in stock from Facebook to dash Google’s hopes of being the social media king or Google fights back with a very innovative product that turns the tide. Time will tell. Feel free to drop us a comment below.
Akin is a writer at Technesstivity since June 2011 covering the use of technology in everyday life ranging from entertainment to business. A native of Lagos, Nigeria, he is a business economics student at the University of Liverpool. He has a knack for the role of venture-capital in funding innovative companies. He aspires to one day be a venture capitalist and investor. When in his spare time, the could be seen writing articles, reading books, listening to music, working on student radio and socialising with friends.
Connect with Us
- BlackBerry Announces BlackBerry Q20 And BlackBerry Z3
- Samsung Unveils The Galaxy S5 [SPECS]
- Watch Samsung’s Unpacked Event Live
- WhatsApp To Offer Voice Calling Services By The Summer
- Nokia Announces Its Android Phones: Nokia X, Nokia X+ And Nokia XL
- Oveem Is A Nigerian Online Store For Fresh Fruits And Vegetables
- Facebook to Acquire WhatsApp for $19 Billion
- 75,000 People Play The Largest Pokemon Game Ever
- Is This The iPhone 6?[PHOTOS]
- Threes Is The Addictive Puzzle Game For iOS That You’ve Never Heard Of