Oxford English Dictionary Adds Retweet, Sexting, Cyberbullying and Woot
Winning uh? The 12th Edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary now contains 400 new entries including cyberbullying, domestic goddess, gastric band, sexting, slow food, textspeak, retweet and woot. An additional meaning for ‘follower’ was also added ‘someone who is tracking a particular person, group, etc. on a social networking site’.
Earlier in the year, The Oxford English Dictionary added ZOMG, OMG, Twittersphere and LOL to its online library. There’s also an addition to the meaning of ‘friend’ ‘a contact on a social networking website’, while the first edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary had ‘person who acts for one, e.g. as second in duel’.
This year, the Concise Oxford English Dictionary celebrates its centennial birthday and now has over 240,000 words.
What do you think about this additions? Leave us a comment.
Image: debh2u, flickr
Connect with Us
- BlackBerry Announces BlackBerry Q20 And BlackBerry Z3
- Samsung Unveils The Galaxy S5 [SPECS]
- Watch Samsung’s Unpacked Event Live
- WhatsApp To Offer Voice Calling Services By The Summer
- Nokia Announces Its Android Phones: Nokia X, Nokia X+ And Nokia XL
- Oveem Is A Nigerian Online Store For Fresh Fruits And Vegetables
- Facebook to Acquire WhatsApp for $19 Billion
- 75,000 People Play The Largest Pokemon Game Ever
- Is This The iPhone 6?[PHOTOS]
- Threes Is The Addictive Puzzle Game For iOS That You’ve Never Heard Of