LGTNigeria Pulls Tweets and Pushes Them Into A Lagos Traffic Map
Posted by Binjo on Friday, May 4, 2012 · 7567Leave a CommentLGTNigeria+Pulls+Tweets+and+Pushes+Them+Into+A+Lagos+Traffic+Map2012-05-04+13%3A29%3A21Binjohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.technesstivity.com%2F%3Fp%3D7567
LGTNigeria has launched a live traffic map for Lagos, Nigeria. LGT is an acronym for “Let’s Go There”. The service relies on Google Maps and pulls tweets from the prolific @Gidi_Traffic and @trafficbutter. The Lagos traffic map is data driven and uses the Twitter API to filter and cleverly interpret the tweets from both accounts.
To view traffic reports on a certain road, you simply click on the road and a box showing the most recent updates from that road pops up. The map currently has legends for heavy traffic, medium traffic and low traffic. Other legends soon to be included are Bad Roads/Pot Holes, Construction Work, Accident and Criminal Activity.
The LGT website also contains business listings, business statistics and a page for movie listings at the cinema.
LGT was developed by HexGear – an information technology company founded in 2002. The company says Lagos traffic can be predicted to a level of accuracy depending on what parameters are inputed.
What do you think? Seems like Lagos’ traffic is finally spurring development.
- BlackBerry Z10: First Impressions
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now Samsung’s Fastest Selling Smartpone
- Gidilounge To Launch New Music Streaming App
- BlackBerry Announces Q5 With QWERTY Keyboard
- BBM For iOS And Android Devices Will Be Available This Summer
- What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains[VIDEO]
- What Exactly Is Path? All You Need To Know
- Tecno’s N7 Comes With A 1.2GHZ Dual-Core Processor, Tecno Shocks Us With The Price
- Ushahidi’s BRCK Wants To Be Your Backup Generator For The Internet
- Where To Pre-Order The BlackBerry Q10 In Nigeria