What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains[VIDEO]
Posted by Binjo on Friday, May 10, 2013 · Leave a Comment
I found this video in a post on ReadWrite, after I clicked a link Jesse tweeted to a post about developers porting web apps to mobile and another post about Google throwing sand in Apple’s face.
This animated video examines the way our brain works with respect to finding, collecting and memorising information in respect to the internet. The researcher says the Internet distracts us most of the time and doesn’t give us the space to learn slowly and think deeply.
You’re encouraged to go offline for a while and do some slow thinking, or write down things on paper instead of typing them on your phone.
I promise I didn’t switch tabs while I was drafting this post. >_>
Video source: Epipheo, YouTube
Image: RambergMediaImages, Flickr
Category: Social Media, Viral Content · Tags: Effects of the Internet, Social Networking, The Internet
CONNECT WITH US
- Instagram Announces Direct, Lets You Send Photos and Videos To Select Users
- How To Promote Your Brand Using Social Media
- Twitter Updates Mobile App Layout, Lets You Send Photos In Direct Message
- Instagram Reportedly Adding Private Messaging Before 2014
- Android KitKat: 10 Things You Need To Know About Android 4.4
- BlackBerry Launches First Porsche Running BlackBerry 10, Starts At $2400
- Logitech And MOGA Make Gaming On Your iPhone Better
- Instagram Arrives On Windows Phone; Lacks Video Recording
- Motorola’s $179 Moto G Is A Superphone For Your Budget[SPECS + VIDEO]
- Tecno Teases Its Phantom A3 On Facebook And Twitter