Facebook Acquires Instagram for $1 Billion
Posted by Faridah Demola-Seriki on Monday, April 9, 2012 · 7348Leave a CommentFacebook+Acquires+Instagram+for+%241+Billion+2012-04-09+17%3A37%3A23Faridah+Demola-Serikihttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.technesstivity.com%2F%3Fp%3D7348
Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, announced the acquisition on his timeline saying “in order to do this well, we need to be mindful about keeping and building on Instagram’s strengths and features rather than just trying to integrate everything into Facebook.”
He went on to state “millions of people around the world love the Instagram app and the brand associated with it, and our goal is to help spread this app and brand to even more people.”
The news comes shortly after the Android version became available adding to its over 25 million users.
Even with the acquisition, they plan to keep the apps built-in abilities to share photos on other social networks.
Faridah Seriki has been interested in technology since she got her hands on a desktop when she was eight. She founded Technesstivity after releasing a successful blog she made for class combining her passion for both journalism and technology. Faridah graduated from Vivian Fowler in 2009 and lives in New York where she is a Broadcast Journalism major with a minor in Global Studies at Hofstra University.
- Microsoft Announces Halo Television Series
- Xbox Reveal Event: Xbox One Wrap-Up
- BlackBerry Z10: First Impressions
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now Samsung’s Fastest Selling Smartpone
- Gidilounge To Launch New Music Streaming App
- BlackBerry Announces Q5 With QWERTY Keyboard
- BBM For iOS And Android Devices Will Be Available This Summer
- What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains[VIDEO]
- What Exactly Is Path? All You Need To Know
- Tecno’s N7 Comes With A 1.2GHZ Dual-Core Processor, Tecno Shocks Us With The Price