Facebook Nears 700 Million Users
This is according to Socialbakers, a blog that calculates Facebook statistics. They posted statistics from May where it showed that Brazil had the most growth in May with more that 1.9 million new members, which contributed to 11% of Facebook’s growth.
Following suit was Indonesia with about four percent growth by adding more than 1.5 million new users. Followed by Phillipines with 1.3 million, Mexico with1.1 million, and Argentina with about a million new users.
Facebook officially still says they have just more than 500 million active users, they confirmed this last summer. The number is of course outdated seeing the growth is undeniable.
The United States is still the most represented country on Facebook with almost 150 million users. But, they didn’t contribute to last month’s growth and didn’t make the list of top growing countries.
The use of Facebook in Nigeria among the youth has declined since Twitter became popular but the amount of users in Nigeria still grew by over 3,000 people (0.11%)
According to the site, Nigeria makes 2.05% of Facebook’s population.
Do you think the increasing popularity of other social networks affects the amount of active Facebook users? tell us in the comments.
Faridah Seriki has been interested in technology since she got her hands on a desktop when she was eight. She founded Technesstivity after releasing a successful blog she made for class combining her passion for both journalism and technology. Faridah graduated from Vivian Fowler in 2009 and lives in New York where she graduated from Hofstra University with a Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism
- Tecno In Dispute With Computer Village Traders
- Titi Tilapia Enters Android Beta Testing
- Nigerians Googled ASUU Strike, Ramadan, Wizkid and The Royal Baby In July
- Kinect Won’t Be Required For Xbox One
- The BlackBerry 9720 Is Official, Runs BlackBerry OS 7
- BlackBerry Z30(A10) Leaks With AT&T Sign In New Video
- BlackBerry For Sale
- Tecno Moves Up To The Phantom A+. A Phantom Isn’t Enough[SPECS]
- #ThrowbackThursday: Festival Of Slaps [VIDEO]
- Android Now Controls Almost 80% Of The Smartphone Market