Instagram Improves Camera And Adds New Filter In Update
An update to the Instagram app was made available today to both iOS and Android users. The update is packed with a lot of new features including a new filter and modifications to the user interface of the app.
The iOS camera was completely redesigned and even has a quick camera roll image selector which is only available for the iPhone 5. A break down of its features below:
- Instagram-themed shutter & shutter release button.
- A preview of the most recent photo on your camera roll.
- Improved Camera Roll image selector for quick access to your last photograph.
- Optional grid guide for live photos and a permanent grid guide for the scale & crop screen.
- Speed and reliability improvements.
According to a blog post by the company, this is the most significant upgrade to the iOS camera since its last redesign about a year ago.
The update also features a new Filter called ‘Willow’. The new monochrome filter with subtle purple tones and a translucent glowing white border will be available on both the iOS and Android versions of the app.
Instagram users have always complained in the past about the issue of their edited image not coming out exactly how it looked during editing, well Instagram has gone around and fixed that with Improved ‘Tilt-shift’. According to them this enhancement will increase quality and accuracy . They say that the blur algorithm has been completely rewritten to give a more realistic rendering of depth of field.
Other Improvements include:
- News Feed redesign that’s easier to digest, in addition to larger images.
- Beautiful new welcome screen design.
- Infinite scroll on user profiles and other grid views.
- Filtered photos are now saved to a separate album called “Instagram” in the iOS camera roll.
- Foursquare button on location pages that opens the Foursquare application, or mobile website, with details about the venue.
Update or download and tell us what you think in the comments below.
- Instagram Reportedly Adding Private Messaging Before 2014
- Android KitKat: 10 Things You Need To Know About Android 4.4
- BlackBerry Launches First Porsche Running BlackBerry 10, Starts At $2400
- Logitech And MOGA Make Gaming On Your iPhone Better
- Instagram Arrives On Windows Phone; Lacks Video Recording
- Motorola’s $179 Moto G Is A Superphone For Your Budget[SPECS + VIDEO]
- Tecno Teases Its Phantom A3 On Facebook And Twitter
- Play Your PS4 Through Your Xbox One
- Airtel Nigeria Introduces BBM Bundles For Android And iOS devices
- Google’s New Helpouts Service Will Help You Learn From Experts