Twitter Turns Your Home Page Into A Dashboard With Activity Streams
Twitter has begun testing and rolling out the activity and @username streams that were announced in August. The @username stream/tab replaces the @replies. It shows the retweets stream and a combination of information about your new followers and people who favorite your tweets. The activity stream combines follows, favorites and retweets of the people you follow. Yes, this is creepy like Facebook’s ticker. You’ll see almost everything everybody you follow does.
Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like:
However, there’s a chance it might just be a test to see how users respond, but from the amount of tweets I’ve seen in the last day, I think this is being rolled out. This means if you have a lot of retweets and new followers including replies, you’ll have problems sorting them out.
On the upside, the roll out means information formerly received via email will be shown on Twitter.com. So less stuff in your email box and more stuff on the website itself. Also, since you can see who the people you follow are following, it’s a great way to discover new content.
What do you think about this new feature? Please leave us a comment.
- Etisalat Reduces Price Of Gaga Smartphone
- Nintendo Wii U Will Be Region-Locked
- Jobberman Gets Chrome App
- iFixYouri performs durability test on the iPhone 5 [Video]
- MTN Nigeria To Offer iPhone 5 Compatible Nano-SIMs From October 5th
- Forbes Lists the Top 10 Innovative Companies in Africa.
- New Super-Slim PS3 Launching This Month
- Microsoft and RIM Sign Patent Licensing Deal
- Valve Turns Up Its Nose At EA’s Acquisition Advances
- Asa Releases African Folktales App