WhatsApp Reaches 400 Million Users
WhatsApp, the mobile messaging platform, just reported that it hit 400 million monthly active users. This represents an increase of 100 million users over the last 3 months. This represents a third of the 1.2 billion strong Facebook network.
The company has only 50 employees, of which most are engineers. This rounds off a remarkable year which has seen WhatsApp become the premier mobile messaging app in the world and seen it handle over 27 billion messages daily.
Akin is a writer at Technesstivity since June 2011 covering the use of technology in everyday life ranging from entertainment to business. A native of Lagos, Nigeria, he is a business economics student at the University of Liverpool. He has a knack for the role of venture-capital in funding innovative companies. He aspires to one day be a venture capitalist and investor. When in his spare time, the could be seen writing articles, reading books, listening to music, working on student radio and socialising with friends.
Connect with Us
- This Website Lets You Check Your Bride Price
- Social Media Campaign Behind #BringBackOurGirls
- Etsy acquires Grand Street
- Dropbox Launches Carousel For Photo Storage
- Table Soccer For Android: The Nostalgia Trip
- Microsoft Unveils Windows 8.1 Updates
- Minuum And Fleksy Are Android Keyboards You Should Download
- Ubisoft Reveals Assassin’s Creed Unity
- Airbnb Seeks $400M In Funding At Valuation Close To $10B
- Google Archives Nigerian History In Collaboration With Pan-Atlantic University