Co-Creation Hub Raises Fund To Rebuild Roof Of Yaba Police Barracks
For all those not aware, there was a storm in the early hours of Monday, February 13th in some parts of Lagos especially Yaba and the Victoria Island-Lekki Axis. I’ve spent my entire life in Lagos and I’ve lived in Yaba for 7 years. Honestly, I’ve never seen such destruction from rain before.
It started around 6.30 AM. At first there was this heavy wind, then water started seeping in from my door. We live on the 2nd Floor! I got out later in the day and the effect of the rain was just devastating. Light poles had split into a number on Third Mainland Bridge, roofs of different buildings had been blown away, our water tanks split, huge chunks of trees fell off and deep-rooted bill boards were brought down. The storm was highly destructive
Due to the effects of the Storm, Co-creation hub is soliciting for your funds to help rebuild the roof of the Yaba Police Barracks. The Barracks houses up to 50 traffic-control servicemen as well as their families. The challenge is to raise N800,000 within a week to complete this project and prevent further damage. DONATE HERE
Ironically, right in-front of Co-creation hub are fallen electricity poles. Not the ones that connect to your house guys, those ones are thin. I’m talking about the really fat cables. The cables have taken up a portion of Herbert Macaulay Way leading to Sabo from Alagomeji. It’s certainly made traffic worse in the area because 3 days after the storm, the NEPA office that’s two stops away from the scene hasn’t done anything about it. Neither has the police station 4 buildings away.
So, it’s up to You and I to help the men of the Nigerian Police Force and if you’re reading this and you’ve got contacts in NEPA, please inform them of the lines on Herbert Macaulay.
Below is a video of the destruction at Yaba Barracks. The voice you’re hearing is of Co-Founder of CCHub, Bosun Tijani, .
- Microsoft Launches Office for iOS
- New App Aims to Make It Easier To Access Blood Donors In Nigeria [EVENT]
- BlackBerry To Launch Touchscreen A10 in November
- What To Do When The Internet Goes Down [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Yoruba 101 Lets You Learn The Basics Of The Language [APP REVIEW]
- Press Regulation: Absolutely Necessary?
- Press Regulation: Another Form of State Control?
- Press Regulation: An Overview of The Phone Hacking
- Apple Unveils The Next Generation Mac Pro
- E3 2013: Sony Unveils the PlayStation 4 Console