National Sports Commission DG Summoned Over Expenditures, Including N1.2 Million Facebook Page
The Nigerian House of Representatives has summoned the Director General of the National Sports Commission over the commission’s expenditures which includes N1.2 Million for a Facebook page. Chief Patrick Ekeji is being summoned by an investigative panel over allegations of misappropriation of funds. He would also be required to explain how N3.7 billion made available to the Commission for last year’s All African Games was spent.
Looking at it deeply, creating a Facebook page is free but the NSC could have hired an agency to run the page. The page currently has 5,444 Likes and doesn’t look like anything managed by a professional social media consultant. There’s a bit of conversation with fans as they commission’s page replies to questions concerning winners of competitions.
Chief Ekeji will also explain the expenditure behind spent to rehabilitate the National Stadium in Lagos and Liberty Stadium in Ibadan.
We’ll update you as more details unfold.
- Microsoft Launches Office for iOS
- New App Aims to Make It Easier To Access Blood Donors In Nigeria [EVENT]
- BlackBerry To Launch Touchscreen A10 in November
- What To Do When The Internet Goes Down [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Yoruba 101 Lets You Learn The Basics Of The Language [APP REVIEW]
- Press Regulation: Absolutely Necessary?
- Press Regulation: Another Form of State Control?
- Press Regulation: An Overview of The Phone Hacking
- Apple Unveils The Next Generation Mac Pro
- E3 2013: Sony Unveils the PlayStation 4 Console