BREAKING: Twitter Acquires Posterous
Posted by Binjo on Monday, March 12, 2012 · 6993Leave a CommentBREAKING%3A+Twitter+Acquires+Posterous2012-03-12+21%3A11%3A35Binjohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.technesstivity.com%2F%3Fp%3D6993
Blogging service Posterous has announced its acquisition by Twitter. Posterous says they’re glad to be a member of the Twitter team because they’ll bring their expertise to a product that serves hundreds of millions of users.
For Posterous users, you don’t need to worry about your Spaces. Everything will continue to run smoothly and you’ll be notified of changes via email. For users who host their blog on Posterous, partner eNom will take over domain management. Switch details will also be emailed to users who use the hosting service. For more info on how you’ll be affected, checkout Posterous’ Acqusition FAQ.
Seems like microblogging service Twitter is willing to move its influence further into the blogosphere. We’re currently not sure how and if there’ll be integration with both services but we’ll keep you up to date as more details unfold.
Posterous was started in May 2008 with funding from Y Combinator. The service pioneered mobile blogging and was named one of the “2010 Hottest Silicon Valley Companies” in May 2010, by Lead411.
- Type Faster Than Eku Edewor And Win A BlackBerry Q10
- Microsoft Announces Halo Television Series
- Xbox Reveal Event: Xbox One Wrap-Up
- BlackBerry Z10: First Impressions
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now Samsung’s Fastest Selling Smartpone
- Gidilounge To Launch New Music Streaming App
- BlackBerry Announces Q5 With QWERTY Keyboard
- BBM For iOS And Android Devices Will Be Available This Summer
- What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains[VIDEO]
- What Exactly Is Path? All You Need To Know